2.11.2010

...new toys, necessary delays, and a peek under the drop cloth

Given the amount of time, effort and money (gathered through time and effort) I've invested in making a legitimate racing machine out of the Allez, I think it's only right that I resist the temptation to let it "drop" until it's complete...completely complete.

After having the most crucial components installed and taking it for a few quick spins to get accustomed with the new gear, I realized that it was missing a few finishing touches.

So tomorrow evening I will take delivery of this...

 

...and this...

 

...from the good folks at NYC Velo (anyone who supplies me with "free" espresso while placing orders qualifies as good people).

I hope to find the time to install these guys on the bike prior to the phryday festivities, after which I will get the whole set up cleaned to a sparkle and go at it with a camera and tripod for the purposes of posterity and gloating (mostly gloating).

Anyways, here are a few spy photos of the build thus far...

 

 

Ok enough titillation for one day...

RIP Alexander McQueen, Franco Ballerini, and Lino Gastaldello.

and I'm out...

Update: Sorry about the shitty formatting; blogger has this new post-composing interface that is excruciatingly inconsistent... all those photos are supposed to line up vertically, though don't worry, I'll hopefully have it resolved soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment