8.19.2009

...Video Wednesdays!

I came up with a brilliant post to write this morning on my commute in, but forgot what it was by the time I arrived at work. As I've said before, coming up with new material on a daily basis taxes my vocabulary and humorabulary equally.

As I read through my blogroll every morning, I have come to realize that blogs come in many different color-ways and shape-ways, though the prevailing style-way that I encounter on my daily travels is what I like to call the SPASM (Small-Posts-About-Singular-Matters) blog.

While many notable bloggers utilize this method of abundance (wwtdd, prolly, inhabitat), my personal preference is toward the ODE (Once-Daily-Entry) blogs such as my personal favorite, Bike Snob NYC, and the less verbose Velodramatic. I have nothing against blogs that post new things constantly, but I definitely tend toward the lyrical and paced ones where the writer earns a rapport amongst his readers by consistently bringing quality ideas and material to the fore.

As a man of principle, I take issue with the semantics of behavior; forthrightness on the internet not excluded. It usually doesn't bother me all that much when I see the same invention or idea repeated on more than one site on the same day (you gotta cut the news blogs some slack on this though, only so many noteworthy things happen each day), though it's when there is a several day or week long gap between re-postings that I get a little annoyed. I'm not sure why, but it bugs me to be re-fed images and opinions that have long been old news (or conjecture, the two are easily confused).

That said, I present for your general amusement three videos about bicycle dorks as they are in the wild:

First, the Steam Boat Willy; a hovercraft powered by a recumbent bicycle. Weird, I know...



And this next one is just silly...



I hate to say it, but this seems like a self-defeating invention because the water you purify (mind you using a $200+ CycleOps trainer) would be immediately needed for rehydration, right?

Lastly, this guy is a maniac. You may have seen this before, but in case you haven't...



That's all for tonight folks, ride safe tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment