8.06.2009

... Video Wednesdays (on Thursday)

I think bicycle races are really exciting but I know that like golf, lots of people find it tests their patience to watch them. Frankly, I'm with them on that; for the most part, bike races are pretty boring until the last ten km or so.

I only like to watch the grand tours to report on them here and to hopefully be lucky enough to witness rare or possibly news-worthy action like crashes, attacks and my personal favorite, the sprints.

When you see a bike race as filmed from a motorcycle keeping pace with the peloton or a helicopter overhead, the speed with which the riders are traveling loses its impact somewhat. That's why i was glad to have stumbled across this video of the Post Danmark Rundt at Copenhagenize earlier today:

Tour of Denmark 2008 - Bicycle Race from Colville Andersen on Vimeo.


Though I'm reposting this video for an entirely different reason than Mikael did; I really enjoy the angle and anonymity of this video. I'm not so interested in the reactions of passing Copenhageners as I am with how it shows how brutally fast the end of a road race can be... a blur of wheels and smooth claves, gone in little over 7 seconds (save the stragglers, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment