7.13.2009

...420 miles to nowhere

Today is the first official "rest day" at the Tour de France (not to be confused with an unofficial rest day) Of course, not one to plan/think ahead, I raced to the computer at 8:30 am this morning to catch the beginning of stage nine, only to be confronted with lots of in-depth analysis and colorful descriptions of that stage which is to be raced tomorrow.


Since the riders of the tour are on break, I'm taking one too. Actually that's a lie; today I've been working on cool new post ideas that'll drop sometime tomorrow.... around lunchtime, I hope.

With that, I leave you with this article about the culmination of the DOT's construction of 200+ miles of new bike lanes in the city. Strangely, (as you'll soon find out) the new miles of bike lanes bring NYC's "street bike lanes" total to a laughable 420 miles. On second thought, perhaps this, like the conspiracy of weather reporting, belies ulterior motives.

No comments:

Post a Comment