5.19.2009

...a busy day

The commute this morning was surprisingly wonderful. I left the apartment quite a bit later than I normally would, and what a difference it made! I was riding on virtually car-free roads all through Prospect Heights and Park Slope, enjoying the crisp breeze and bountiful sunshine on this seasonable day.

There were (understandably) far fewer cyclists than there probably were fifteen to twenty minutes prior, which meant the daily KOMB (King-Of-the-Manhattan-Bridge) race was long over. While I wasn't the lanterne rouge, I was definitely taking my sweet-ass time, whistling as I pedaled. Someone probably supposed I had a screw loose, but hey, its a nice tuesday to be alive!

Tuesday isn't usually what comes to mind when I think of a beautiful spring day, I frequently rely on Saturdays and Sundays being nice, and if any days in between are, they're just a tease. I'm gonna be teased for a while today, cause I've got a bunch of "real work" to do.

However, I can't rob you of this, forwarded to me from Gothamist, via mori.


At least they're owning up to things... Cheers, see ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment